I knew they had recovered Grissom's 17 but had no idea where it went. I wonder how it ended up in Indiana. Was Grissom from Indiana? The sheath is interesting since it was not with the knife when it was recovered. However it does appear to be a vintage Brown Button JRB Sheath with a lift-the-dot fastener on the keeper strap.
Hemingway you remind me of....me over 30 years ago when I was a student in college and first became interested in Randall Knives. It was the history....especially the military history that drove me to em.
Enjoy your new passion...it will be filled with incredible ups (when you find a nice old Randall) and incredible downs (when someone says your knife isn't what it is, or calls you a liar, or calls you stupid) but keep going forward. Let friends and others know your interest in Randalls and someone might tell you...Billy Bob Jones has one of those! Then you can go after it. The excitement of finding an old Randall...hidden away for 30, 40, or more years ago, is very exhilarating. I hope you find many old Randalls along the way.
Good luck
RKS#2166