Here is a #2-8" that I recently purchased for an old SF comrade from Vietnam, “Dr. Lonny,” now a retired surgeon (he doesn’t buy much over the internet).

I think it is an outstanding blade. The knife, stone, and sheath all have a patina of age, but in almost perfect condition. The logo on the blade looks like it was etched as there is no indent… but I’ve heard that etching the logo is a myth.

When I first saw the pictures, I thought maybe the stone was incorrect, with the white lettering possibly indicating mid-late ‘60s … however, I am hardly an expert. But after seeing the knife it all looks good in the steel … whatever…. It is a knife that was obviously carefully preserved.

The odd thing is that a search on the net for “FBY, Jr.” found another knife, a #12-8” with almost the exact same options, same inscription plate and initials. Unfortunately it had been sold.

My friend wanted to reunite the two knives. He wonders if anyone knows who the “FBY, Jr” collector was, and if there are other presentation knives, perhaps other models in the set, now floating in collector-ville.

I”ll be happy to put the owner of such a knife from this set in touch with Dr. Lonny.

Edited by Jacknola (09/15/11 12:41 AM)