Originally Posted By: Keith_Hicks
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback

"2. It would snag on branches as you walk through thick brush."

Keith,
No they don't. When sheathed all that is required is to pull the loose wrist thong (from the rear) through the bottom portion of the sheath opening, between your belt and the sheath's belt loop. You can go one step more and pull it through to the front. You'll never lose a Randall knife this way. You can give the wrist thong a quick tug and it's free for you to unsheath the knife.
Best, Capt. Chris

Yeah, well, I'm just telling my experience with them in the past. I've tried the tuck method you described and it still snagged eventually, although it was much more secure that way.

I've had my nylon boot laces come untied several times after double-knotting them and tucking the loose ends into my boots. When you have briars pulling and ripping at your clothes, there is not much you can do.

You're not supposed to wear your walking shorts!! Wear a pair of Filson briar proof bird hunting pants or from Stafford's in Thomasville, GA. All kidding aside, nylon boot laces are strong and long lasting but latigo is the best, IMHO, but you have to watch it when they get worn or they will break when you least want them to.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com