Originally Posted By: Aggiemike
Amazing!!! The "Holy Grail" of Randalls. I am glad you have it. It is certainly the center piece of your amazing collection.

Mike Webb

Thanks very much, Mike!

Originally Posted By: Rick_Bowles
Ron,
A very special and historically significant Randall. I had heard about this and I've been waiting for the unveiling! Congratz! It couldn't be in better company.

Thanks as well, Rick. I tried to take some pics last weekend, but they didn't turn out very well and I didn't figure out the problem until this morning.

Originally Posted By: Leatherman
How many knives from that era are still in existence?

That's a good question, Leatherman. I can only give you an account of the ones I know about. There is "Bo's first knife" owned by Rhett that I had the good fortune to handle at a Blade Show. There are the ones in the Randall Museum that I've seen photos of. There is one I know about that surfaced and changed hands 10-15 years ago (There is a photo of that knife's spacers in Pete's book). There is a carver that I ownned at one time (Photo in Sheldon's book). The last is an all S/S "Fishing Knife" I owned at one time. That's about it.

Originally Posted By: Peter_Kaufman
Ron
Very cool knife, and a great addition to your collection. It seems in excellent shape for its age. Would it be possible for you to tell us how you located this gem?

Peter

Thanks, Peter. This one came to me. A fair number of people know I just collect Hunters.

Originally Posted By: Moosehead
Congratulations Ron!

This exceptional knife is truly a once in a life time find, and it makes an incredible addition to your already spectacular collection of early "Hunters".

I couldn't wish this beautiful blade a better home.

Cheers!

David

Thanks, David!