It's a "mini". Is it a "real" mini? That's a great question. I wouldn't put a whole lot of credence in the "5 only". If that's the case...I've seen every single one ever made...TWICE!! As far as the "cutouts" as you call them, Paul. The artistic "choils" are only included on the #13-6". Your #13 has a 6" blade, but it is a miniature version of the #13-12". The Model #13-12" does "not" have the cutouts and, therefore, neither does the miniature. Actually Randall miniatures are really "half-size" replices of the originals...not true miniatures. This explains the #13-12 stamped on the sheath even though it is a 6" blade. Hope this helps. Also: The handle looks like the old G-3 to me???
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: In 1885 or 86 I visited the Randall shop and Dave (Dave Griffin) told me he had some knives in my "drawer". One was a #1-7" in elephant ivory that Rick Bowles had turned down due to the handle size. (I think it was slightly under-sized) The other was a #13 "mini" in rosewood (or walnut...I'm working on old memory here). I said "great"...and then Bo walked out and put the squash on that. He did agreed to sell me the ivory Model #1 but I got shot down on the mini #13. That exact knife sits in the museum, first glass cabinet on the right as you enter the "first" museum roon (The one with 2 doors and an entrance way from the shop's counter room....CCS

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (08/27/10 03:39 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com