"Pig" & "Bomb",
Good question. Yes: I'll be gentle. To fully understand this answer you need to look at the differences in some blade grinds. First of all: The answer is "NO"...You cannot get a sawteeth/No sawteeth grind on a #14 (or #15) "CDT".
The blade shape and forging is generally the same on both forgings with or without the teeth. That forging is only done on full, exposed tang models. The ability to get sawteeth (and NST) on a Model #1 or #5 is because those teeth are cut into and worked into that style of blade, hence the differences in them. Quite often one Model #1's sawteeth will appear to be quite a bit different than another Model #1. I don't just mean the "size" of the teeth but location, etc. The #14's and #15's are more consistant.
I will tell you one of coolest knives to order is a 6" or 7" Model #5 with the "NST" option. That may be an alternative to what you are looking for. Sorry: I cannot find an example to post a photo of, but perhaps somebody else has one...If not: Sounds like another "build" for the future. Any: I hope this explanation helps.
Exceptions? Yes: There have been in the past. I suspect they came from a broken tang of something along those lines, but that is "purely" speculation on my part. It would make sense that, if a "NST" blade forging had an improperly forged or shaped full exposed tang, the #14 room would salvage the blade and make up a "CDT" out of it...Just a guess.
Other exceptions? Well: Not really. "BUT" (There's that word again) take a look at a "Combat Companion" (The old RKS club knife) and you will most assuredly see a very close resemblance to a CDT #14 with NST grind. I understand that it is only a 5" blade...but it's a close design.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com