After learning of some long time authorized dealers that do not have a dealer special, it is evident that I am wrong in stating that certain criteria must be met (# of years, # of knives sold as mentioned earlier). So to Bill and any others that read my post and took it as fact, I apologize for the misleading information. These bits of trivia are passed around in the knife community and I picked it up somewhere without actually checking it out thoroughly. Once you start checking into it, you can see holes in that theory.

Also lets not forget the Randall shop did # the first Stanaback Specials on the left side. I mentioned the shop etches the #'s on the right side of the blades, and was referring to current protocol as it is done today to the best of my knowledge (when Bill asked about the other dealer specials and their #'s). I do know about the #'s on the AG Specials as Gary told me that info himself... as to the others, I pressume they are #'d at the shop but do not know that for a fact. I guess you would have to ask the respective dealer when ordering to know for sure.

Hope this helps,
~dale