I started offering my "Stanaback Special" 25 years ago. Actually: Maybe a hair longer, but nobody can seem to come up with the exact date, so let's just say 25 years ago. The knife was only available, at that time, in a 4" stainless steel blade, forged from 1/4" stock, BCP (Bowie Clip Point), TB (Top Bevel Sharpened) and TN (Thumb Notches). To this day, my "Special" and the Randall "Fireman" are the only models available in this blade length and stock thickness!
Various handle offerings, almost unlimited were available. This singular model went on for about 3-4 years, when Gary reluctantly agreed to make the longer Stanaback for me. I can go on and on, but the 2 are both offered today.
The reason I am posting on here at this time is to share one of my "Specials" that I have recently picked up from the Randall shop. It ...and I explain, during the next series of photos you are about to see, a good deal about my "Special". I also wanted ya'll to see a couple of "current" knife models the Randall shop has just completed.
Please keep in mind that this "Special", along with 2 other Randall catalog models that I am going to post today, were/are "stock" Randall knife orders. No special handle material or requests were made. So: Check 'em out!
Best, Capt. Chris

Attachments
59009-SSP(Slabbed#1)(Small).JPG (657 downloads)

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (04/19/09 11:26 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com