Thank to all who have participated thus far.

From the current catalog:

Quote:

Model 27 "Trailblazer" -- 5 3/4" blade of 1/4" stock. Brass single hilt. New 13-spacer configuration includes red micarta sections. Stag handle. Brass 1/16" plate. An ideal all-around heavy-duty sportman's knife. This handle configuration is unique to the Model #27 an dis not offered on other models. Options available: stainless steel blade, nickel silver hilt and butt plate, or #25 handle configuration with brass or nickel siler hilt.

In 2000 I showed a friend of mine, Wally, a new Randall catalog. When he turned to the page with Model 27, his response was Wow! He's usually a fairly reserved, almost oaf-like, character which is probably good because he's 6' 6" and on a light day about 325 lbs. He told me, "I have to have one of these knives." Now I had been talking to him about Randall knives for quite a few years. His response was usually "that's nice" and being an oaf, he never got around to ordering one. Four years later (2004) Wally had to have hip replacement surgery. So I talked with a few friends and thought that a Randall #27 would be a great get well present. So we all chipped in and got him a Randall Model 27. Wally's response? "Wow!" Dale Dorris (Cabinet Man), being the great guy that he is, made and gave Wally a cabinet. Wally's 27 has probably never been in the field, but it sure looks good in the cabinet that Dale made.

This will be our final thread for Model of the Week. I want to thank everyone for posting pictures and information about their Randall knives. I feel that we have been extremely fortunate to have been able to see all the catalog models. I personally have learned a lot. I've had a lot of enjoyment and I hope you all have too.

Lady and gentlemen, may we please see some Model 27s?

Kevin

BSC-002