Ha, you guys are waaay too kind

Seriously though; I'm just an enthusiast like you guys (well, maybe not as much as Steve)...with both feet planted firmly on the ground (Edna would likely say 'in cheek')...

Miles, the #16 BG shows on page 162 of 'Randall Made Knives: The History of the Man and the Blades' is said to have been the fourth Diver (a Tenite) made...it has a choil.

The Tenite diver used on the cover of our 3rd edition Randall Timeline has a choil; all the Tenite's handled Model #16's that I've seen in person or in books or websites have choils; all the catalog photos of Tenite #16's had choils (prolly the same photo, reused)...yours, and Bart's, shown on page 61 of our book are the only two I've seen without choils...

Yet, I'm a firm believer that when 'one Randall knife configuration is seen' there's usually more....when 'two are seen' there's just gotta be more. Not many Tenite diver's out there, and certainly fewer without choils, but there are a few anyway...

At to the keeper strap dealie; I think that was a Maurice Johnson idea in '61-'62...could be wrong of course about that, but the keeper strap 'was' being used by Johnson, by '63 for sure...