Thanks to all for the kind words. I got interested in wood through Greg Gutcher. Not including this past Blade Show, but the previous 4, we would search the Blade Show looking for unique wood. Dubie, it was Greg who found the Ebony and we had similar knives made. The sad part, his knife was burnt in the fire at Sullivan's.
We just bought some Desert Ironwood, hopefully we will get a couple nice handled RMK out of the wood.
I had started to try and get all 5 model 5's in fossil ivory, all dressed the same. But my fossil ivory burnt as well. So I have decided to get the 5 model 5's in stag. Perhaps not as "flash", but they will all look the similar. Attached is the 5-8" and 5-7". The other 3, 5-4",5-5" and 5-6" are in the pipeline. I have also attached the other side of the fossil ivory 5-7". All the fittings on this knife are fine silver.

I do have other RMK with wood. 2-5" and 13-6" with ironwood. Model 7 with maple, 8 with mesquite, 12-6" and 12-8" in walnut. Greg was telling me he has some other wood that looks promising. Once he is feeling a bit better, we may start working on something new.

Attachments
63718-GunsandKnivesJune2008019.jpg (480 downloads)

Edited by rodbrown (07/08/09 07:25 AM)
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.