Apparently, the shop is now accepting orders for #4-6" knives with stainless steel blades and #6 grinds. This is evidenced by the fact that my dad placed the order with Nordic Knives late Summer or early Fall of last year, and received the knife in March or April of this year.

When I inquired with the shop about the #6 Grind with stainless steel blade, on his behalf, I was unaware of what was supposedly the policy, and while waiting for a reply I found out what the policy supposedly was. I told my dad about this, and he told me that he'd choose the stainless steel blade over the #6 Grind. I was quite shocked to learn that this could be ordered. In fact, I had to confirm that this was true. And, to make things clear, I did not request nor demand this to be done, but merely asked whether it was possible.

My educated guess is that the shop acquired the necessary expertise to do this on a more regular basis as a result of crafting the one-hundred Glades Hunters.

Obviously, there is much more to the Glades Hunter than the #6 Grind with a stainless steel blade.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/