In continuing with our Christian Men's Knife project, this is the second knife (of three) in the series, a Model 3-7. For this knife we decided on a Model 3-7 with the following specs for the following reasons:

This is the Good Shepherd knife and if you were to stand this knife on end (if you have a little sense of imagination) it resembles a shepherd's staff.

We have a 7" stainless steel blade because Jesus's life was stainless.

All black spacers because as Christian men we feel sorry for the agony that He went through on the cross for our salvation.

A presentation gray buckeye burl handle to signify the wood of the staff.

Our sheath is black basket weave to represent the crown of thorns on Jesus's head and, as you can see, there is a cross on the sheath.

As with the first knife, the sheath and this knife definitely go hand in hand and in my opinion, without the one, there cannot be the other.

The 23rd Psalm is one of my favorite passages from the Bible. For those of you who don't know it, it reads as follows:

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

A special thanks to Jim Parker for his excellent suggestion on what the name of the second knife should be. Thank you to all the skilled craftsmen at the shop for turning out such a glorious knife. And Greg Gutcher for using his truly God-given gift for another leather masterpiece. Thank you to Leanna and Gary Clinton for their tireless efforts and for being patient with my numerous phone calls and emails regarding this 3-knife series. I personally feel the knife and sheath are fantastic, and there are other Christian men who will be posting their knives in the near future.

Thank you,
Kevin

BSC-002