Thanks to all that have participated thus far.

From Randall Made Knives: The History of the Man and the Blades by Robert L. Gaddis, pg. 71
Quote:

In November 1943, Bo decided to redesign one of his Scagel-style hunting knives to use the same hilt, handle, and butt cap as his fighters. The blade shape was similar to the number 9 style shown in the first catalog. This in turn was a direct descendant of the original knife made from his sketch of Litch Steinman's William Scagel hunter. The blade width, tang shape, and length of this new hunter were the same as those of his fighting knives. This allowed use of the rough hilt, leather disks, vulcanized fiber spacers, and aluminum butt cap that went onto the Fighter or Stiletto. The top quillion was removed from the hilt before finishing the handle to basically the same size and shape as the Fighter. Randall Knives now had a hunting knife that could be fabricated right along with the two combat types without disrupting the flow of orders from servicemen. Bo called this new model simply 'The Hunter.'

Thus was born today's Model 3.
It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that the Model 3-5'' was Mr. Randall's favorite model. I read that when asked what appealed to him about that knife, his answer that he could get in and out of his pickup truck without his knife being in his way. How refreshing it would be if in today's marketing society more people would give honest and concise answers instead of hyperbole.
Lady and gentlemen may we please see some Model 3's.

BSC-002