Quote:

In terms of scarcity I'll quote Mr. Gaddis from page 71: "The Randall Stiletto was a big hit with US servicemen, so Bo offered it in the same blade lengths of 6, 7 and 8 inches as his fighter. From the very first, he considered a blade width of about 1 1/4 inches to be the best, but he was also willing to be flexible and tailor a stiletto to the customer's wishes. Throughout 1943 and a part of 1944, Randall stilettos sported blades of 3/4 inch, 1 inch, and 1 1/2 inches, although the vast majority were Bo's standard of 1 1/2 inches."

Ron -

I disagree with the last statement. The vast majority of exisiting examples of WWII stillettos are approximatley 1 1/8" with some at 1 1/4".

The wide blade stilleto as pictured is far less common and I have never seen a 3/4" model 2 of the period that I recall and I wonder if any were actually ever made. The ricasso is 3/4" on most of them, so to have a blade the same width it would no longer be a model 2 but something else. Perhaps along the lines of the Applegate stilletto.