GalvestonGuy,

I will tell you what I know.

1. Is this exact configuration available today? Yes and always has been as far as I know.

Some years back AG Russell commissioned a good number of this configuration using Golden Maple Burl which they supplied. Many say the number was 200. It was in their on-line catalog up until about a year ago but was always listed as Sold Out as far back as I was watching (Several Years) although it was removed from the AG Russell web site about a year ago.

A couple of years ago I purchased an identical knife from and Authorized RMK Dealer who was selling it on consignment. The photo below is that knife. Not too long after I purchased the knife I had it with me during a visit to the RMK Shop. I was dropping off another RMK to have a name buffed off the blade and Gary Randall asked me what else I had in my bag which led to me showing him another 8 to 10 RMK's I had in my carry bag which was quite a treat to say the least. Gary took one look at this knife and immediately said it must have been one of the knives that was ordered by AG Russell. How did he know that? I don't know, maybe from the type of Maple Burl or something but that's all I can tell you. If yours is one of the knives ordered and sold by AG Russell I don't think it would go back any further back than the year 2000 or so but remember anyone can order this configuration from RMK and it will come with shop supplied Maple which is beautiful as well.

I hope this helps.

Attachments
59248-100_3122(Small).JPG (447 downloads)

Edited by tglassco (04/23/09 07:24 PM)
RKS #5553