Quote:

Kevin, thanks for the props, but IIRC, the original 'Model of the Week' thread idea over at knifeforums.com was Ron Mathews'...a good idea in theory, as there is much to learn 'if' the thread stays on track...

Shel,

Thanks for the credit. I think over at Knifeforums it pretty much kept on track and we went two full rounds or close to it (27 weeks plus dealer specials). I also "think" it was Gary (Escapement) that set up a link to all the threads on both series (here: http://users.adelphia.net/~jimingram/randallmodel.html Unfortunately Knifeforums changed the software and the links go nowhere now). Bottom line it was a lot of fun and learning for all. I hope we can keep it going here (Thanks, Kevin!).

Here's a circa 1943 fighter I was fortunate to have in my collection for a while which is pictured in Sheldon's book on page 17. At the time the photo was taken about 2 years ago the knife had no sheath. Subsequently I was able to find a period Southern Saddlery sheath that fit it perfectly (6 1/2"). It was like hitting the lotto