Quote:

Here's a pretty little Fisherman-Hunter that came up on e-bay about 3 years ago. Any comments?
--------------------
Ron Mathews
RKS No. 4223

No useful comments, but ones of appreciation for sure. My favorite model is the 8 just because of the overall shape of the blade, but the 7 is close behind (when it comes down to it, more like tied ). It has the graceful shape of a model 3, but being so delicate makes it a great user design. The ones I have are so light and well balanced that they are a pleasure to hold and use. There's no real effort needed to use them. One thing I have noticed about the guards on these older knives, like this one, is that they have a slight upward sweep to them where you put your thumb (haven't seen this look on the new ones). The last older 7 that I added has the same shape to the guard on it... reminds me of the old Scagel look. I love it! There are lots of interesting things about the knife you posted, the handle (ivory?), the pin, spacers, and the sheath jump right out at you. Do you have this knife in your collection? Although I cannot comment on when it was made, it's most definitely a nice one.
~dale