Quote:

Quote:

First of all, a backpocket is usually 4.5" closed. If it was a millenium back pocket, it would be exactly 4" closed. The 4 1/8" is different.. Also, from what I can see, there doesn't seem to be a flushed joint. The true backpocket has a flushed joint and pinched bolsters as well.

Am I close?

Tony said this is the 4" Backpocket with a rounded/fluted bolster. He used a blade that is a tad bit wider(the blade that Reese uses in his 4" BP) because he thought it looked better than the big BP blade scaled down with the rounded bolsters. That LOOKS SOMEWHAT like the Millenium Trapper blade but it isn't and I didn't hear Tony call this or any other Backpocket a "Millenium Backpocket". Must be an urban legend. The reason the knife is 4 1/8" is because it's a 4" BP with a rounded bolster...get it?!?

BTW...most of the 4.5" BPs Tony has done, the later ones, are flush jointed but some of the older ones are not and sometimes things happen. That's the extent of my BP knowlege and errors are possible.

It is my understanding, and someone may correct me if I am wrong, but the 4" backpocket is based on the millenium trapper 2 blade. The blade employed is the second blade (ie. recurve blade) and the handle is the same as the millenium trapper. I have had 2 and they both seem to fall into this catagory. Can't remember if I was told it was called a Millenium Backpocket by either of the Boses or someone that is active on the forum or.... But that name helped me personally differentiate the two types of knives. It works for me but may not for you. But, that's ok...

Attachments
24602-rbose_stag_mil_p2_700.jpg (559 downloads)

Edited by Bob_Glassman (09/20/07 06:21 AM)