Last week I met several cool guys, they make knives and sharpen them at a high level. They showed me an old video. One of their teachers. Unfortunately, he died about 12 years ago, but his notes and some articles have survived. You can include subtitles in the video and their translation into English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmrMNDL5Bw

Here he shows how to hold a knife, this position of the right hand helps to maintain a constant sharpening angle, very accurately control the pressure of the knife on the stone, and most importantly, it is suitable for people with sore wrists, for example, the hand is numb due to carpal tunnel syndrome or due to arthritis etc., and also for those who need to sharpen a lot at once

Now I'm trying to sharpen it this way. It’s still unusual for the hand, but overall the result is good. The guys also gave me 2 stones - Hindostan and Cretan stone. This time I sharpened #10, first coarse and medium carborundum, then Arkansas and 2 new stones alternately. I wanted to find out the difference between the stones. Cretan turned out to be somewhat rougher than Arkansas. Hindostan turned out to be at the level of Arkansas, but removes metal more quickly. I think from now on I will carry Hindostan with me as a help to Fine India for sharpening when it’s slightly dull. It works well with both water and oil

All this took about half an hour, including cleaning and washing the stones. If look under 10X magnifying glass, can see that it is still very far from ideal and in some places there is a very small burr, but in real work more sharpness is not required
https://youtu.be/UWxheAxpb14

The penultimate photo shows that I did not remove all the dents on the blade, since I don’t see the point in this. I don’t remove large chips, I sharpen them like a serrated tooth. It's a pity to remove a lot of metal from a blade without a serious reason. The last photo shows my folding Böker Slimline. It has suffered from time and rust, a dent has formed, and it has been sharpened like a serrated tooth. Cuts perfectly

Attachments
------IMG_8084.JPG

------IMG_8086.JPG

------IMG_8087.JPG

------IMG_8092.JPG

------IMG_8090.JPG

------IMG_7892.JPG