Thanks for the quick reply. , I did find the same mention in a current catolog. Lke you, I haven't seen this option "in the flesh". Practicality and pleasing asthetics are two viable reasons for owning Randalls. Having carried a #1 in Iraq, for reasons different from most collectors, I can assure everyone that my days of carrying knives for use in business are (hopefully) behind me. Since I have never seen a #2 with sawteeth it occured to me that it might be a very pleasing weapon, visually. As I said, I don't intend to ever use one proffesionally again, I'm just a lover and small time collector now. Having said that, with no intention of ever using a #2 for anything more than fondling and drooling over, I bet a No 2 with sawteeth would work wonders between the sixth and seventh ribs, or with a long blade, plunged directly between the left collarbones and "rocked" back and forth to open the heart and lungs with one good poke... Of course, I could be wrong.I do think those serrations will often make there way through tougher mediums, like cartilidge and thick protective skin, like on a human back, or the sinewy musculature of the back of ones' neck. Those sewteeth might be more valuable to the fighting man, than say, a hunter or a bushman, dressing deer and birds and the like. Great thing about Randalls, they make the best knife, for every application!