Pap:

Last Summer, I was watching “River Monsters” with Jeremy Wade and he was there.

My Bride was at the same time, looking at tours up the fiords in Patagonia. (Part 3)

I started following Pira quazu travels and Ezequiel Bueno on Instagram and he followed me back. We began conversing back and forth. I also studied up on Argentina and the people there. He put together a trip for us and we agreed to go.

A typical day at LaZona was:

8:00 Breakfast

9:00-12:00. Go Fishing until our arms were like rubber.

12:00 Gourmet lunch! Steak, steak, steak, more steak, and fish.

1:00-3:00 collapse and sleep!

3:00-6:00 Go fishing again!

6:00-7:00 Clean up and shower.

8:00 Gourmet Dinner and Entertainment!

10:00 Bedtime in a luxurious top notch lodge. (We slept so hard since we were exhausted)

It was completely all inclusive including laundry.

We don’t drink, but there was some very expensive Argentine wines there for the drinking.

The water was freshwater coming out of the Salto Grande dam into the Uruguay River.

We used live 6-8” eels for bait.

Only 2 boats per day are allowed up near the floodgates and the Border Guards checked our Passports every session. They were very friendly and thanked us for coming to Argentina.

We had approx 95% strike rate with each cast. It took at least 30 min to land a fish!