Hi, the more I read the more I want them all. Since my addiction can not be satisfied in regards, to this knife I can only offer some thoughts. I think a hunting knife needs to have a skinning type blade. When I split wood or do camp chores I used my hatchet and my EDC knife. In the last 50 years I have carried a Henckels stockman and a Heckles wooden handled Skinning blade that I attached a lanyard. I dressed out a lot of game big and small with these. I'm no Nessmuk but I like his knife. I think an Alaskan # 11, a Yukon # 20 or a blade like the woodsman #28. I know nothing about grinds etcetera but I find a shorter blade handier than a longer and a waxed sheath better in the outdoors than a plain. I like a compass just in case and a lanyard for safety. Just my two cents.
That being said any knife you guys decide on is Ok with me and will be a remembrance of the friends I have found here, fondest regards, Mike

PS: When your done start thinking about a self defense knife.

Edited by Uncle Mike (01/28/23 12:38 PM)
Edit Reason: add postscript

Mike C
RKCC No. 825