Doug,
First of all...It's the Randall "shop"...not a "factory". Bo Randall jumped my a$$ once about that and told me: "Buck knives has a factory. This is a knife shop...and don't forget it"! And that's the "cleaned-up" version. O.K.: That's out of the way.
What area of the country are you in? Let me know and I can direct you to the "Authorized" Randall knife dealer in your area. Most are, like me, a couple of years behind. I am currently taking orders for the first quarter of 2010 thru 2013, depending on what folks would like to order. This will give you an idea of the amount of time some are behind (or ahead...depending on your point of view).
As far as silver fittings are concerned...Sure: No problem! They are installed, by quote, depending upon exactly "what" and "where" you want them installed.
The handle material needs to measure: 1 1/8" x 1 1/4" x 4 3/4" for a Model #5-5", 6" or 7". If you want a longer Model #5-8", you have to go to your sized stuff. The actual measurments required are as follows: 1 1/4" x 1 3/8" x 5".
I hope this helps. Any questions?? Name, email and phone # are at the bottom of my posts.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com