Attention everybody,
I have just learned (this past week) of a possible ordering problem that you may not be aware of. This regards handle material known as "G-10" or "G-3". The Randall shop has restrictions, with regards to exactly what options are allowable on this material.
Because this material is so hard and so difficult to work with, it has become necessary for the shop to eliminate some options on this material "only".These options are still available on micarta handle material. The G-10 (often sent to the shop in "Orange", but other colors are available) destroys belts and drill bits at an alarming rate.
Because of the above-mentioned reasons, along with the fact that G-10 is more labor intensive, the Randall shop will not install compasses or wrist thongs in this material. You can order a G-10 handle with a butt cap. The shop "will" install a butt cap. You can then request a wrist thong be added to your order and the shop will be able to drill the butt cap for a wrist thong.
Please keep in mind that a butt cap and a wrist thong are both "chargeable" options on micarta or G-10 handles and therefore are counted as "two" options on this knife. That would leave you with a maximum of 3 additional options, if you elect to order these "2".
I hope this is clear to everyone. If not, just post your questions here, in this thread, and I will try and answer them.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com