Not to continue to derail the topic but I think this is a great conversation that is overdue. I too share Joes concerns about the re-handles and modified Randalls. We need to do everything we can to encourage new collectors and a re-handle makes things complicated for those who are not aware. Someone at a show can say this is a one of a kind and it could very well be. The problem is it did not come out of the shop like that and greatly affects the collectability.
Fast forward 20-30 years from now when we are all gone and then it gets very confusing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Behrings do fabulous work and the same with Jim Sinclair. But I would also like to see the knife marked somehow so everyone knows it is modified.

Randall will not honor a modified knife if it needs repair.

The samurai sword hobby is hanging on by a thread because evidently they have been making samurai swords for 500 years and fakes for 499 years. If you ask the seller it is as original as they get. Ask the buyer and it is modified. Try to find someone at a sword show without grey hair.

We need to keep it simple and inviting.