Originally Posted By: Michael_Mason

There is sooo much of this going on Joe, this is almost a mute subject at this point.
Behring is not the only one doing the alterations, and their work is very impressive.
I spoke with a gentleman at Blade that's doing some of the rehandles on this exact subject, and he stated he doesn't see any reason why he should have to "mark" his work as such.
It'll make things very interesting in the coming years. They can truly make that Randall a "one of a kind"!!

I know it is going on, and I see it as a problem in some respects. I have told this story numerous times, but will repeat it here. This is referencing Behring. There was an "agreement" with the Randall Shop that he would mark his knives in some fashion. Maybe an "understanding" is a better term.

I have seen some with a medallion in the butt, but not much else.

Now here is what I see as the problem. I am looking to increase the interest and collector base of the hobby. A surefire way to run a new guy out of town is for him to get burned. More than a few guys have sent me re-handles for authentication and a couple have gotten irate when I tell them it was not made like this in the shop but altered by another party.

I think many secondary sellers of these knives don't have a clue either, so I don't necessarily believe it is all nefarious guys intentionally taking advantage of someone, but it happens nonetheless.

Of course guys are free to do as they please with their knives, but I think that folks doing so should mark them in some fashion. Tom Leschorn marked his pieces, so I don't think it should be a problem for people doing major modifications to do the same. In fact, I would think they would want to do so to generate more business, but what do I know.

Your statements highlighted in red are profound, and exactly why I think guys doing these atlerations should mark their work. To add, I do not believe a re-handled Randall can be "one of a kind", it is simply an altered one. My $.02

BUY-SELL-TRADE