Originally Posted By: Buck Buchanan
Like Joe says, getting folks interested in researching the sources here (for free) is frustrating.

However, many of the "greenhorns" over on the FB Groups want us to quote the answer NOW. Flipping over to Knife Talk Forums to the "Randall Knives of the week #1 - #28" thread appears to be too much effort to find out

Buck,

I've always enjoyed "the hunt", whether it be in my hobbies, or my work. I enjoy searching the archives on this forum, because there is so much history, and information within it's pages.

But (I know, Cap's favorite word grin), the Facebook crap is getting old. It's the same questions, over & over again. They won't search within the FB groups own history to try and obtain an answer to their questions. (And I'm not sure why, because there sure does seem to be a lot of "experts" over there??) Just easier to ask the question repeatedly. I know the activity on the FB groups exceeds the posts on KTF, but there is no comparison between the two.

You yourself post an extremely lot of information on FB, but my times to search for answers to their questions is becoming shorter as time goes on. Only if the question intrigues myself to know what the answer might be, and it will be this site that I come to, or the Gaddis - Hunt - or Wickersham books.