From what I've been told by a couple of dealers...

Whose designs are set up to accept leather handles...

Their basic models include brass hilts, leather handles, and Duraluminum butt caps.

Then, like comparable RMK standard models, any changes from these features and additional options run the price up.

For example, even though I won't pretend to speak for Doug or the shop, a Small Sasquatch with the basic configuration would price the same as the catalogue price for a Model 12-9 with brass/leather/Duraluminum.

I assume that the "basic" Buxton Special would price at about the same as a Model 14? With any change in handle material from Black Micarta adding some cost?

All this is subject to contradiction and correction based on facts or policies or whatever.

The best advice was above...whoever said to spec out what you want on "your" knife and work it out with the dealer. That can be informative...I have bought several that turned out to be much nicer than I had in mind.

A word of caution, though. In a period of somewhat more ignorance than I endure now, I ordered specials not knowing I could ask for "one more thing," so I did not mention whatever to the dealer and paid later to have the shop do some extra touch.

It is a process of discovery and enlightenment. A good trip for folks like us.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246