Originally Posted By: LarryWW1246
Rocky--

I picked up on the first inklings of the ban movement when the Fed's and the animal rights people started with it. Alerted certain key people and organizations to kick off the push-back that did eventually get some limitation on the Federal implementation, but not as effective in all the states...or it would have been much worse.

Logic had nothing to do with it...it was a rallying cry for fund raising by the rights groups, a fervent ideological movement for their "cause" and a career-enhancing strategy for the guy who was in charge of the Federal agency. He went on to a cushy job in charge of one of the larger zoological nongovernment organizations.

Selling into any of the states that have broad bans on any type of ivory (even extinct animals) could put the seller and maybe the buyer at risk...consider how a "buyer" might be part of an entrapment scheme.

Larry

By the way, It is a Scaggs big bowie, scrimmed and engraved by him. Some of you have seen it. So hypothetically, if I sold it on Gunbroker or Ebay and stated that you could not buy it nor would I ship it to the alleged states. CA, NY,WA OR, etc. Some person buys it and he transports it illegally through those states for whatever reason, Ebay or Gunbroker could be held liable along with me?
Seems reasonable ??

Rich
RKS#3890