Like others, I have no sure answers about COVID, but started lockdown as early as mid-January 2020.

Why? Because the authorities said it was passed by physical contact, yet all the coronaviruses were known to be airborne.

So we sanitized and kept away from EVERYBODY. And were still counting on luck to get us through.

Considering what people who get infected go through--pain, multiple health impacts, expensive treatments, and some very strange complications for many if they survive, I will take whatever combination of luck and precaution I can get.

A lot of apprehension about it has come from inconsistent expert advice, and informal treatments that might or might not help any particular person, and our inherent right to be wrong even in the face of the best advice.

We came close to getting it...

Our nephew is living with us.

He had Pfizer vaccine. In late June developed a fever up to 102, flushed, sore throat and cough. No energy.

Interesting that he had been very careful, only went to the gym when very few people were around, none of his few friends who he had little contact with got sick. I suspect he picked it up in a restaurant where he went with two friends for lunch shortly before he became ill.

He tested positive three times, got better, then tested negative and is doing well.

We had Moderna, lived in the same house, breathed the same air which was deadly in nursing homes and in many other settings for unvaccinated people.

We had no symptoms.

When he was tested, they asked which vaccine he had gotten, but they did not share any info as to what variant of the virus he had and he had no way of learning that since testing is a one-way production line.

Somebody said that it is now endemic...it is so prevalent that it is always going to be with us.

We have no hope of eliminating it from the human population, and if we came close, it has been passed on to both wild and domesticated and zoo animal populations...meaning we might catch it from them.

In short, it is a bitch.

But we don't accomplish much if we let our apprehension and frustration turn us against each other.

Too bad it hit in a time when the country was so polarized for other reasons, and too bad better more practical experts were not leading our effort. Not that all of them were "bad" or "wrong" but some had vested interests in the whole thing.

Larry

Edited by LarryWW1246 (09/14/21 03:02 PM)
ABKA #046
RKS #1246