Originally Posted By: Duke
Thank God that, for now...today, “the other Keystone”, the Mountain Valley Pipeline, has slowed down their destructive, lying, evil to the bone, politically lying backed b.s. construction of that pressurized, 40” gas pipeline crossing my VA mountains all the way to Chesapeake. I live less than 1 mile from where it’s construction over one of the thousands of mountains, hollows, straight up the side crosses the ridge just to go down the next. I’ve watched the mountain wash down into the South Fork of the Roanoke for the years they’ve worked, and for the months now that it’s slowed/stopped....all the time lying, lying, lying, at the state, federal, FERC level re: the construction, the VA jobs that would be created by it..... while living in the “ let ‘em burn” blast-plan zone for any future accidents that they lie about and say “never happen”. The two interactions I had on their construction site was with the out-of-state security guys when I stopped my car on the side of the road to take a couple pics. of the destroyed mountain side. Was
cursingly told to “leave and I couldn’t take no pictures.” To which I laughed, said I’d be gone from the public road side as soon as I took a couple more and suggested that they could always come and take my camera. And I’m a damn friendly guy who’d just said “howdy” to them.
Alright, I’m done now.

Several years ago, my stepfather was sent to SW Penn to help gear up the work on that pipeline (he's a safety inspector bookkeeper). He saw the ClusterF it was turning into and begged his way out of that job.