When the Keystone came through here, they were in and out in a big hurry. A month max. I never heard of anyone locally being able to work out there.

They had an armed security detail but nobody around here even knew what it was until after they were gone. One landowner that I know was told to “get his ass back” by one of the goons while he was out checking his cattle.

They came right through the aquifer that feeds Ozarka, a large bottled water company nearby.

After they were gone, we learned that it wasn’t oil that would be transported through the Keystone but instead Tar Sands. Tar Sands are some nasty stuff and have to be heated and flushed with thinner oil under high pressure to move in a pipeline. That is a recipe for a disaster.

Most of the refineries on the Texas coast that refined Tar Sands from Venezuela have shut down due to the unrest in that country. It was a very expensive and dangerous process to refine Tar Sands. That meant that Tar Sands coming via the Keystone would probably be exported, and most likely to China.

I am not a fan of the Keystone.