So far, so good! Wood Stove is keeping us at 70 degrees during the day.

We turned on the Central Heat for about 2 minutes the other night, but it stunk and my Bride said to turn it OFF.

So, at night, we employ the "Green New Deal". We throw a big green log in the stove and it burns all night long!

Ricky keeps my feet warm and Ruby keeps my Bride's feet warm.

This "freeze" is of HISTORICAL proportion! There are MANY things that I wish I had done to get ready for it, and I will before the next one. We just never could have imagined such!

The ERCOT people were probably appointed during Rick Perry's 15 years of reign along with the Texas stand alone grid. Wind energy is only about 10% of our power and most of that is way out in West Texas.

Lignite Coal plants were created from Federal subsidies in the late 70s and 80s and have NEVER been very profitable.

We have an almost UNLIMITED supply of Natural Gas but Governor Bill Clements made NG politically incorrect behind oil & lignite during the same time period. The Big Time oil people just can't get over it.

Off subject, but NO 2 people have ever HATED teachers more than Rick Perry and Bill Clements did!

Anyhow, here are some pictures of the Blalock place during the Freeze of 2021. Enjoy!

Attachments
------Truck.gif

------Front Yard.gif

------Wood Pile.gif

------5 below zero.gif

------Stove.gif

------Ricky Asleep.gif

------Ruby.gif