Totally ironic.
Something shared from a friend of mine:

Sweet so here’s what I have gathered so far about the Texas power situation...

1. Wind power was reduced by as much as 50% beginning this weekend from freezing
2. The power lines and delivery mechanisms have not been the predominant issue... not CenterPoints fault
3. A large number of the the standby power generation facilities (coal and nat gas) where not winterized properly and not on stand by... failed to come on.
4. We lost half the nuclear power at STP from frozen pipes (unverified on reason but given by many sources)... meaning that winterization wasn’t good enough there. Reactor 1 is down since early yesterday
5. Many of the natural gas facilities in Texas are not equipped with dual capabilities to use heating fuel oil when natural gas supply is low
6. We did not had a heating fuel stock pile to back up the natural gas
7. The decision was made to divert natural gas to homes which in turn caused shortages to the power generation... circle of failure
8. The natural gas facilities couldn’t keep running at full capacity to clean up the supplies causing wells to shut in. Adding to the natural gas issues

ERCOT is a non profit good ol boys club.... doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see with the above that they clearly have no business managing the grid with the current leadership

Why were the independent power generation facilities not on standby and ready?

Why did we not have contingencies ready for wind and solar shortages which we know happen in winter?

Why were the facilities not winterized?

I have so many questions... that I doubt we will ever get straight answers to. 😡😡

Redundancy... over sight... accountability...

ERCOT board should be removed, contracts taken from independent power plants that were not on standby. For every 1% of wind or solar the grid relies on you must have a redundant amount of reliable replacement energy source. We apparently learned nothing from 1989.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com