I hate ice.

Remember sliding just under 1/2 mile back-and-forth on the freeway early one morning trying to steer into the drift, but only making it worse with each attempt to avoid the concrete barrier on the left and the shoulder on the right.

The salt truck I was following took the exit, then I immediately hit black ice on the through lanes.

Four-wheel drive was no help, having the Pathfinder in gear and not accelerating or braking did not help.

Did not flip it, finally ended up spun 180-degrees on the right shoulder aimed back the way I had come.

Then, having the road to myself, I turned back onto the ice and went on more carefully where I needed to be.

Not to mention not knowing there was ice at the end of concrete steps in the dark one night, my feet going straight out from under me, and ripping the rotator cuff as I tried the old Judo trick of twisting to fall on the side and caught my full weight on the right hand to prevent my head hitting the step. Ouch, I thought I had broken the arm up near the deltoid.

Just saying, for all you who are suffering through the stuff now, stay safe inside.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246