Pap:

I wish that our State Government cared about our environment. But when Bill Clements was Governor, he pretty much gave the oil companies a free pass to spill oil, salt water, and flare H2S all they wanted. Rick Perry did the same during his reign.

We had a particular nasty spill on Thursday that still threatens to contaminate my place. The State of a Texas gave me the “yea, yea, we will check into it”.

Then, I called the Sabine River Authority and told them that it could potentially pollute Lake Fork. It got their attention! Within a couple of hours, I got phone calls from the US Corps of Engineers and the EPA.

The EPA man, a State Guy, and the boss of the oil company met at the site Thursday evening. The EPA guy told all of them that the mess would get cleaned up immediately or that HE would get it cleaned up and they would pay for it.

They worked all night in freezing temperatures and were still working yesterday. I am sure that they are pissed at me. Well, it’s their turn!

I can show you a 40-50 acre place about a mile away from me that NOTHING has grown on during my entire lifetime.

Coach

Edited by coachblalock (02/13/21 11:47 AM)