Hi! I've been going thru this site and it's amazing. I thought I'd ask for some help from you guys in identifying my knife. This knife was give to me by my wife's grandmother. Her 2nd husband was Doug (see engraved in knife). As always, there's what you know and what you hear.

Here's what I know:
Doug was an amazing man. He would take my wife's grandmother (my kid's great grandmother) to his war pilots reunion. She said the general who started the Tigers' family would show. He loved her so and he used to play guitar for her and tell stories of he and his friends "over the hump". This was his 2nd wife and they married late so we don't have any relationships with them although I found a post in Linkdin that talks about him and other flying tiger pilots.

Here's what I've been told:
He flew for the Flying Tigers. He flew in China against the Japanese protecting supply runs(for China) "over the hump". I was told that's WWII but I don't know how he got this knife because it seems based upon what you guys say here that this wouldn't fit the vintage. I was also told he served in Korea so that might be it but I don't know if that's correct.

Anyway, my wife's grandmother gave this to me hoping I could use it on my elk hunting trips. I pulled it out on one of the trips and an old timer told me to put it away, "that's not what this knife is for". Anyway, here it is:

This info is all I have. Very scattered.

Attachments
------1.jpg

------2.jpg

------3.jpg

------4.jpg

------5.jpg

------6.jpg

------7.jpg