Kiltabar,

By "eyelet hole" you are referring to the wrist thong hole, I assume. Early Model 14's did not have a brass liner in the hole as yours. However, when Chris Stanaback tells you that your knife is a later production than the Vietnam years, from the Randall Shop, you can "take that to the bank".

There are about a dozen or so fellers on this forum that can pinpoint the decade, a range of years, or THE year that a knife came out of the Shop, Chris being one of them.

That's why you came on board here to find out what you do and don't have in your Randall. I have been selling Randall Knives since 1979, and I am still learning things about the models and their history over 80 + years of knife production.

I had a good friend of mine who was a former USAF pilot that was hired by Air America, and tragically his plane was shot down over Angola, years after Vietnam. Air America has been around. The widow, likely, would not be privy to her husband's "travels" working for AA.

In our "business" of collecting Randalls, Chris always said, "Buy the knife, not the story.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Buck Buchanan (04/02/20 03:11 PM)
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com