My daughter who is an emerging Randall-holic asked me a question tonight that I had no answer for. She wanted to know the demographics of the club. That is, how many members under 30....40....50 and so on are there in the club. She is a marketing guru and wants to help us out. She believes there aren’t very many folks her age interested in Randall Knives. She pointed out something that she saw at the Blade Show. She divided the show into thirds. One third to the right. One third in the center and one third on the left. From the front doors of course. She said that in the first third where all the older knives and Randall Knives were she didn’t notice many younger people. She also said it wasn’t as crowded as it was in the other two thirds of the show. She noticed lots of younger folks in the other parts of the show. I say all this because I gave my daughter a Randall Model 10 NASA 1 of 20 Knife for Christmas. She posted a photo on her Facebook page and she got several comments. She wanted to refer the comments to and Insta Gram account for Randall Knives and said she couldn’t find an Instagram Randall account. I had no idea what an Instagram account was but she said we need one. She said folks could look at pictures of knives and such. I really don’t see what the difference between that and the Randall site would be but she insisted on Randall taking a look at it. I think it is way cool that my daughter has adopted a desire to collect and learn more about Randall Knives but she is concerned that one day there won’t be anyone around that wants to collect them. I told her about the five year wait....she said it doesn’t matter.
I’m the least technical computer person there is and don’t understand all this stuff but apparently the bottom line is she wants to be able to tell someone who asks her about Randall’s to go look at their Instagram account and check out all the old beautiful and historic pictures. I think what it would be like would be like Joe’s web site where he has all those great photos of knives he has owned and or sold. Same for Mitchell’s site. I don’t know if this makes any sense but I admire her desire to help others learn about Randall Knives.
RKS#2166