Yeah, I could only find this small image on this computer. The knife is in storage "way up yonder," so I can't get a close-up of the markings. But I did find and image that could be sized down.

This was one of Scagel's VL&A knives, and carries that as part of the stamping.

Interesting to note that he did not polish out the grind marks and the heat treat darkening on the spine!

Also, as Scagel collectors know, it is seldom that his knives come with the original leather.

Jim Lucie authenticated this knife first by letter, including congratulating me on the sheath. Then later in person, exclaiming just how lucky to have the sheath.

He said early on that he wanted to put the knife in his book, but forgot about me until he was having his knives photographed at the Blade Show, I learned about it, and he apologized.

To go a step further, I was lucky enough to buy a Scagel handmade fishing rod and reel, which Jim knew about but had never seen. I don't think he knew what had become of it until I mentioned it during a conversation, and he said he would have like to put it in the book--but he did not remember that I had it.

Attachments
------Scagel hungting knife and sheath_2MP.JPG

------Scagel fishing rod_2MP.JPG

------Scagel fishing rod closeup_2MP.JPG

ABKA #046
RKS #1246