A lot of the Behrings' knives (father and son) show a Scagel influence.

Some time back I asked James and Crew to make up several knives with a blade patterned like a Scagel I own.

Thinking maybe some of you might enjoy seeing them, here they are. (Assuming the digital gods will let me, I will try to post the photos where they belong in the text.)

The blades are made from 5160 spring steel.

1. This knife has a brass guard, green Micarta, black, maroon, and brass spacers with an exceptional red sambar stag carver handle. It has a brown Mosher pouch sheath.

2. Brass guards, black, white, brass, maroon, and musk ox boss spacers with a musk ox horn carver handle. It has a black basket weave Mosher sheath.

3. Brass guard, black, maroon, ivory Micarta, aluminum, and brass spacers with a premium sambar stag carver. The Mosher sheath has correlated leather tones and cat tail tooling.

4. Brass guard, black, brass, maroon, and green Micarta spacers with my stag ground into a crow’s beak shape for an extremely comfortable grip. It has a pebble grain Mosher sheath.

5. Brass guard, black, white, brass, maroon, and musk ox boss spacers with a desert ironwood crow’s beak design grip. The Mosher high-ride sheath has decorative fern tooling.

[Looks like the files got inserted at the end, but the images are in correct order with the descriptions. By the way, I think these images were done by Grant or James and sent to me via email when the knives were finished.]

Larry

Attachments
------JasB1a.jpg

------JasB2a.jpg

------JasB3a.jpg

------JasB4a.jpg

------JasB5a.jpg

Edited by LarryWW1246 (11/24/19 12:19 PM)
ABKA #046
RKS #1246