Pretty sure he is talking about the width of the blade top to bottom. A .125 thick blade would be pretty thin for a fighting, utility, camp knife.

Just for giggles and grins I miked 5 Model 14s and found that the thickness 1" from the hilt ranged from .2251 to .2111, a difference of only .014. The thickness just before the start of the top bevel ranged from .2256 to .2047. That consistency is just remarkable given that the blades are all hand forged, ground, and polished by eye!

I also measured the distance from the butt end of the handle to the closest edge of the ferrule and the distance from the top of the handle to the top edge of the ferrule. The distances from the butt end to the ferrule varied from 27/64" to 21/64" a variation of 3/32" just 1/32" short of 1/8". The distance from the top of the handle to the top of the ferrule varied from 7/16"-19/64". Just as DW said, no jigs, no specs, the craftsman puts the hole where he thinks it should go.

GRI-Let me add my welcome to you. This is a great place to talk and learn about RMKs, to make new friends, and to meet some very interesting characters. As others have said, when DW talks Randalls, we all listen. HOWEVER, when DW talks baseball, that's a whole different thing. He's a Red Sox fan, need I say more? Anyway, welcome aboard.

Regards,
Doug
RKS#1835
silverknife1@aol.com
NRA Life Member