2nd the recommendation on the Fenix PD35 flashlight.

These are both PD35s, but the one on the right is the V2 version, the other is from 2014.

The V2 version (currently available) is 1000 lumens max vs. 850 on the old one. (But it's honestly hard to tell the difference - both are REALLY bright).

As I mentioned, my son and I both have had the old models for years and they still work like new. The case is built to last. Strong but light aluminum. And the lenses are strong too. Impact resistant and water resistant.

The button you can see on the top there on each controls the power level. But on/off is a rubberized thumb switch at the bottom and it remembers where you last left the power level.

They come with lanyards, spare O-rings, and spare on/off button. Good to go for years and years. (Haven’t had to change on O-ring or button on either of the old ones and we use the heck out of them—and other than a few scratches, they still look like new).

Uses one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery or two CR123A batteries (both shown).

You can get them with package deals that include a Li-ion battery charger like the one shown here. And I bought a pack of spare rechargeable 18650s. But even with near daily use, I only recharge the batteries like every other month or so, if that – these batteries really last. And the great thing about Li-ion batteries is that they don’t have the “memory” characteristic the older rechargeable batteries had – no worries about running battery all the way down or topping off or even short-charging – they pretty much don’t care.

Good luck! Gary

Attachments
------20190903_183544.jpg

Edited by escapement (09/03/19 07:43 PM)