A bittersweet show, that much is certain. Upon arrival I was informed that the promoter had put into place new "rules" (no laws or ordinances) concerning "all" firearms. I was told my bolt-action hunting rifles (which were the only firearms I brought with me) could not be sold, traded or even "displayed"!
Many of you know me. How well do you think I take being "told" what to do? The problem was that I, not only posted on this forum but also made "several" appointments, I was forced to stay and set up the show. I had good...very good...customers coming from a good distance away.
I informed the check-in personnel that this would be my last show. (I have done this show since 1978..."2" promoters ago!! My customers showed up and purchased "in spades" and I had a record Saturday and a decent Sunday for knife sales. In total, 20 RMKs sold...and "17" of them went to good, previous customers! Only "3" were sold (+ 2 orders) to the general public. While it is always great to establish new customers, I will stand by my commitment...and never set up there (Or any other shows put on by this promoter) again!
I told him as well that I won't return. I told all of my customers the same thing. Sad...indeed! I don't blame any of you for not attending. Thanks to James, Mike, TK, Bill, That Crazy Cajun, Nelson and Byron for making the weekend enjoyable. I'll be seeing you guys at "another: Florida venue down the road!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com