We took an ALL DAY road trip yesterday.

My Bride had decided that it was too hot to leave our dogs on the porch all day so she was out at 6:00 a.m. giving them a shampoo bath so that they could ride in the back seat of the truck.

We drove 442 miles yesterday with 2 - 100lb. bloodhounds in the back floorboard.

I told my Bride that we must have lost our everlovin’ minds!

But those two dogs rode as good as our kids ever did. They mostly slept but they let us know when they needed to go or got thirsty. They even sat quietly while we ate outside at a picnic table in the heat. Ruby did bark at a squirrel that got too close but Ricky just chilled.

Each time we stopped, they were more than ready to get their butts back into the AC when it was time to get back on the road.

Last night, about 10:00, I told my Bride that we had become just like all those people that we used to talk about and make fun of for taking their dogs on vacation.