gonna address a couple of points Larry mentions.

First I want to reiterate, RMK was not and is not involved in sheath fabrication in any fashion. The only thing the shop did was set the keeper snap.

Providing a choice of stag used in knife fabrication is far removed from sheath modification. I think that Pete's "customer service" in Larry's case is a bit different than modifying something not produced in the shop.

The sheath in question is not a Johnson, it was made by a different company, prior to Maurice Johnson's relationship with the shop. Therefore, referencing Johnson as not installing the rivets is moot.

I do not believe Pete was "set up to add them (rivets)" at the shop. Not in the least bit. Again, it has repeatedly been confirmed that RMK was not and is not in the sheath fabrication or modification business. Could he have done so? According to Mike, Pete did on his sheath. I think the question is why would Pete even ask Mike if he wanted rivets? It would seem odd unless there was some conversation that Mike thought his potential use of the knife might require rivets. Regardless, why not just get him a period model "C" sheath for a model 1 from the bin and exchange sheaths? Why add throat rivets to a model "A" sheath?

It appears the female portion of a snap on the belt loop was added as a method of attachment it would seem. The fact that it probably is not original to the sheath might indicate the rivets are not original either.

The real mystery is the gap between the knife and the sheath age wise.

BUY-SELL-TRADE