Pappy:

The bright yellow pieces are definitely not stabilized. They are obviously still very “green”. The darker pieces may or may not be stabilized. They have not been turned and I think that you want to mill Bois ‘d Arc as close to the final size as possible before stabilizing it on account of its density and hardness.

I’m thinking the same as you about using some on a personal build. I’d like to do a Smith Bowie with a large (thick) Bois ‘d Arc commando handle.

I have some big Bois ‘d Arc trees on my place. I know of a sawmill that will saw them up if I can get them to him still green.

I also have some big Black and Honey Locust trees. They make some very interesting lumber also.

If it will ever dry up around here and I can get some time to do it, I would like to take a trailer load of Bois ‘d Arc, Locust, and Cedar logs to the sawmill.

They say that great minds think alike!

Coach