One time there was an old men, also a hunter who visited our house. He was 90 and still drove his bicycle. He lived in a real small house without electricity and water. The house almost fell apart and was over 200 years old. It had belonged to his grandfather.

The man was a legend in the parts where I live. He brought the head of a pig that he bought of a butcher he knew to me. Only the eyes were removed and we had to chop and cut it up in pieces, so that it would fit in the pan. The idea was to eat it together. I chopped away and teeth were going every where. I am not a butcher... My girlfriend watched and skipped dinner that night, lol. I thought she was gonna throw up.

Anyway, the old man and I cooked the pieces and ended up with the whole head cooked. I tried eating it, and didn't want to insult the old timer, but eating the ears and nose of a pig is something I will never do again. When I took a bight of the nose which was perfectly intact, despite being cooked it still was hard to chew on. I saw the two holes of the pig nose and couldn't bring myself to having another bite. I waited till I had the chance to hide it under the table...

Another time a guy who I knew cooked the brain of a sheep for me. That was eatable but I rather eat something else. I always try to eat anything, but somethings are difficult to eat if you haven't learned to eat them when you were young.

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/16/19 10:27 PM)