I wish there was a way Ronnie, but I can't come up with any. Both our former dogs came from a shelter. The last one was caught by the animal protection services, while he was running loose on the street. The owner turned out to be in jail and his girlfriend thought, it was a good way to get back at him, by leaving the dog alone in the house without food and water. It was 85 degrees and he jumped true the glass to save his life. The poor dog went to the shelter and we took him, thinking that we could learn him to be alone again. We had him for seven and a half years. He never learned to be alone. We tried everything but he went crazy. He used to follow us every footstep around the house, that approved the longer we got him . In the first month we tried walking for 5 minutes down our street, to see how he would react. He jumped over our high fence and walked cripple for a few weeks after that. Decided enough was enough and we would make sure he never was alone.

He went a lot to the grandma of my girlfriend (she is a widow and loved the company),my parents, nephews and nieces all watched him while we worked. I bought the best gaming computer for the kids to play, which helped a lot to motivate them, LOL
Of course I gave them also some money for dog sitting, far beter job then working at the local supermarket they always used to say, haha. Before work we drove him to mostly my girlfriend's grandma and after work we picked him back up. It wasn't easy but he was such a sweet dog, that we did it with pleasure. As for the women who left and traumatized him, I better not say what I hope will happen to here...
I always wish, we had him when he was young, because not being able to be alone, was the only problem he had. He was such a sweet dog!

Attachments
------Milo.png

Edited by Sphinx3000 (01/18/19 06:17 AM)